If you’re looking for a clean, contemporary feel to your new garden scheme then look no further than porcelain paving. Porcelain paving is a relatively new addition to materials that are suitable for garden paving, drives and patio.
Man made from natural materials this type of paving resembles large tiles and provides a highly consistent colour, texture and size between slabs. Due to this consistency, the paving can be laid with very thin joints between the slabs to create a crisp contemporary look.
This type of paving is growing in popularity particularly for homes who want a harmonious blend between inside and out. To achieve this consistency across flooring and paving, a wide rage of ultra-modern slabs are available in a variety of colours and finishes that includes rustic wood or natural stone-effect. You can even get tiles with added sparkle!
Porcelain paving is made by baking a mixture of clay, sand and other minerals at high temperatures to create an extremely durable, non-porous material. This makes it very resilient to water, stains, mould, moss and mildew, and liquids such as oils and chemicals.
It’s exceptionally hard-wearing, and also scratch resistant, making it a perfect choice for areas of high footfall, patios and outdoor kitchen areas, like the one we recently installed on a garden project in Wokingham.
Advantages of porcelain paving:
- Available in wide range of colours, styles and sizes.
- Anti-slip textured surfaces make them safe even in wet weather.
- Cost effective alternative to more expensive stone such as granite.
- Non-porous so more resilient to severe changes in weather.
- Resistant to damage from acid, chemicals, salts, oils, fertilisers, plant treatment products etc.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Retains it’s technical and aesthetic properties over time.
- Suitable for being laid both indoors and outside to ensure an exact match between schemes.
If you’d like to find out more about porcelain paving or other paving options for your landscaping scheme, please feel free to give us a call at Thames Valley Landscapes and we’d be happy to discuss options with you. You can speak to a member of our team on 01628 629720 or send us a message.