OAKLEY COURT HOTEL
Year round site maintenance including all aspects of grounds and garden maintenance.
We are proud to have maintained the grounds of this beautiful Thames side hotel for over 20 years. We operate a bespoke site management service with no-limits to the work we will conduct to make sure that the 4-star hotel standard is reflected in their grounds. If we see something that needs to be done, we will do it. As well as general maintenance including mowing, strimming, hedge trimming, shrub bed and plant care, watering and irrigation, we pay close attention to detail and carry out regular inspections to maintain the high standards.
Some of the work we carry out on a regular basis includes:
- Lawn care – to ensure healthy lush and striped lawns we undertake regular lawn feeding, selective herbicide and water management treatments.
- Planting – we have developed a unique planting scheme, bespoke for Oakley Court which is modern in feel but in keeping with the traditional surroundings. We have simplified the planting scheme over the last 10 years to create impact. This focuses on using mainly 3 plants – lavender, roses and hydrangeas with variations in the beds introduced through different varieties and colours.
- Tree Care – some of the trees on the Oakley Hotel site are over 200 years old – we care for them to make sure that they last for at least another 200.
- Wildflower Meadow Management – We have installed a number of wildflower meadows across the site to create impact and encourage nature. We manage this on a regular basis with intensive works in November and April.
- Golf Course Management – We carry out all aspects of green-keeping for the 9-hole golf course including aerating the greens, deep-coring, scarifying, lawn treatments, moss and weed control, fertilising and water management.
In addition to the ongoing grounds maintenance, we have had the pleasure of constructing and landscaping several attractive and practical features for the grounds. Recent works include:
- Walled garden project – Installing a sustainable kitchen garden allowing the restaurant to be able to grow some of their own produce. Features include bespoke green house, extensive vegetable beds, poly-tunnelling, and fruit tree planting.
- Bug hotels – Attractive structures built in the grounds using reclaimed materials to encouraging local wildlife.
- Outdoor BBQ, kitchen and seating area – Increasing Oakley Court’s capacity for outdoor eating by turning a once dead space into an outdoor kitchen and bar area. Using self-binding gravel we installed the seating area in keeping with the rest of the grounds.
2 people daily.