SCHOOL GROUNDS MAINTENANCE AND DEVELOPMENT
We have the pleasure of maintaining the grounds at several schools including:
- Furze Platt Juniors and Infants
- Furze Platt Senior School
- Courthouse Junior School
- Alwyn Infant School
- The Europa School
The work we do consists of general maintenance including mowing, strimming, sports pitch maintenance and line marking, hedge trimming, clearing, planting, weeding and tidying.
We have over 20 years’ experience in commercial grounds keeping and hold all the accreditations and insurances to work in the school sector. All our operatives are thoroughly DBS checked and chosen specifically to work at these sites.
Through our long-history of maintaining school grounds, we understand how important it is to cause the least disruption possible which is why we carry out our work with the upmost consideration for the activities taking place during the school day e.g. quiet periods, exam times, break-times and we will always endeavour to carry out larger tasks during school holidays.
In addition to the grounds-maintenance, we also work alongside the schools to implement creative, ecological and safe places for children to learn and play in. These include:
- Creating ‘Eco or Wildlife’ areas for pupils to interact and learn. These include vegetable and fruit beds to grow things, bug hotels to spot creepy crawlies, log piles and insect friendly plants to encourage local wildlife and installing bird boxes, baths and feeders.
- Supplying and erecting certified safe play equipment for pupils to climb and play on and installing safe play surfaces such as rubber bonded mulch and artificial grass areas.
- Tree care, tree surveys and necessary tree works.
- Security and other types of fencing.
- Installing sports facilities such as rugby, volleyball and football goals.